Since 2005 the awards have developed into a well run, professional event recognising excellence in the fitness industry. The intention of the proposed changes it to build on this, and further enhance the awards, the winners, and the awards evening.
In its role as the industry association Exercise New Zealand has received many suggestions and ideas over the years about the awards, in 2009 specifically invited feedback on ideas for the 2010 awards. Based on this a number of changes were made to the entry process (on-line), as well as increased audits of finalists. New categories were also introduced to reflect the varied and changing nature of our industry. The awards are continuously evolving to keep up with the demand and change of our industry.
Past winners and entrants have commented that the awards have become an important part of the fitness/exercise industry over the years. A lot of their members and clients really get into the awards spirit, which has helped boost staff moral and add additional value to their product. It’s an exciting process to be a part of, if you are thinking about entering… nothing should hold you back.
Below is a general outline of the awards process:
- Anyone can enter the awards, providing they are REPs registered at the appropriate level if it is required. Any club or individual not registered at the time of entry, or whose registration lapses before the awards evening will be remove from consideration (regardless of how far through they may have made it).
- Anybody can nominate a person/organisation/club for an award. They will then be contacted and suggested that they formally enter. Nominations are free, and may be anonymous.
- There is an initial round of questions, this is Stage One of the Entry Process. Entrants will then be notified via email if they make it through to Stage Two, and then the finalist round.
- Once the finalists are selected, these are mystery shopped/audited/checked (this process is very comprehensive, and varies depending on the category) by the judges.
- Winners will be announced during the Awards Ceremony on the 21st November 2015.
- For a full list of the award categories, along with a brief explanation of each, please follow this link
On the Night! At the Awards Ceremony/Dinner
- Everybody is welcome to attend the awards!
- Single tickets, of tables of ten are able to be purchased. Tickets will go on sale in March.
- The awards is a Black Tie event. For men the minimum standard is a shirt and tie, and dress shoes. For women, cocktail, long dresses or dressy evening separates (those not meeting the dress code will not be allowed entry to the awards).
- Dinner itself is a three course sit down meal
- There will be a DJ/After Party after the Awards at the venue through until 2am with a cash bar.
Awards principle of Easy to enter, hard to win!